The main objective of the Association is to improve the mobility, independence of action and overall well-being of visually-impaired people and other persons with disabilities. This shall be attained through:
a. The provision of Guide Dogs (including Service Dogs and Autism Support Dogs)
- The training and instruction of visually-impaired people and other people with disabilities in the proper and safe utilisation of their dogs and in the essentials of canine care and management
- Receiving applications from candidates desiring trained dogs and providing tuition upon such terms as may be determined by the Executive Board.
- Breeding, acquiring, whether by purchase or donation, dogs and training them to act as efficient and safe guides for visually-impaired people and other with disabilities
b. Orientation and Mobility education
- The development and provision of skills programmes relating to orientation and mobility for visually-impaired people
- The training and instruction of suitably qualified Orientation and Mobility Practitioners in the techniques of orientation and mobility for visually-impaired people.