keeping more than hope alive
Supporting children with cancer and life-threatening blood disorders, and their families; improving early detection and facilitating effective treatment. Learn more about CHOC
Although childhood cancer is relatively rare, the incidence rate has been increasing. According to a 2014 report by the American Cancer Society, it is now estimated that one in 408 children worldwide will be diagnosed with cancer before the age of 15.
Yet with early detection and treatment in paediatric oncology units, globally the survival rate can be as high as between 70% and 80%, with variance depending on the type of cancer.
Five goals guide us on our mission:
- Support individuals, families and communities in the treatment of children with cancer
- Advocate early diagnosis and access to specialist treatment centres
- Create financial and project sustainability in all regions
- Communicate effectively to improve all relationships
- Attract, retain and grow talent