Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife (Ezemvelo) is a governmental organisation tasked with maintaining wilderness areas and public nature reserves in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) Province, South Africa, constituted under the KZN Nature Conservation Management Act of 1999. With their headquarters at Queen Elizabeth Park in Pietermaritzburg, the provincial capital, Ezemvelo manages 110 protected areas and is the leader in sustainable biodiversity conservation.
It has recently broadened its focus to become more relevant to communities living adjacent to their parks - primarily through job creation and sustainable natural resource harvesting.
Our Strategic Goals:
• To conserve indigenous biodiversity in KwaZulu-Natal both within and outside of protected areas.
• To be a sustainable, well resourced and capacitated biodiversity conservation and ecotourism organisation.
• To foster the value of biodiversity conservation with stakeholders.
• To be efficient, effective, and compliant organisation with good governance.
• To effectively promote the mandate of the organisation to stakeholders.