The Sunflower Fund fights blood diseases like Leukaemia through the recruitment of stem cell donors and maintaining a registry of potential donors committed to helping anyone in need of a life-saving stem cell transplant.
How you can help…
There are numerous ways you can get involved with The Sunflower Fund. You have the power to help — by registering to be a donor, volunteering, speaking out and donating. The work we do is fueled by your support.
Every healthy person between 18 and 45 can be a donor. Although family members, particularly brothers and sisters are generally most suitable, only a small percentage of patients have a compatible sibling match. About 75 % will have to search for an unrelated matched donor – and this is why we need YOU!
If you are not able to be a blood stem cell donor, you can still support The Sunflower Fund:
• Make an online cash donation
• Host a fund raising event for The Sunflower Fund
• SMS ‘Sunflower’ to 40555 and donate R30
• Donate with your SmartShopper and MySchool cards
• Volunteer at fundraising events and donor drives
• Support campaigns and events
• Consider leaving a bequest in your Will
• Support on social media.
Hope begins with you…